Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
TRAFFIC + TRANSPORT MANAGER
Permanent – Full Time
Remuneration package of $120,370 up to $138,318 per annum inclusive of 9.5% Superannuation
and market forces allowance in Lieu of Motor Vehicle
A 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance may also apply
(salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 21035R
A unique opportunity to lead and shape the future of traffic and transport in our City!
About the Position:
We are seeking an experienced Traffic and Transport manager to lead our Traffic + Transport Unit. This team is responsible for developing strategic and integrated traffic and transport planning strategies; planning and delivering traffic and transport infrastructure and behavioural change programs; infrastructure planning and delivery; and providing specialist advice to internal and external customers. We have a strong customer focus and working collaboratively across agencies and in consultation with the Community to deliver our Community Strategic Plan.
In this role, you will lead a team of experienced Traffic Engineers and Planners in planning and facilitating a safe, efficient and sustainable multi-modal transport system throughout the City that meets the social, environmental and economic expectations of the community. With a degree in Engineering or Planning, you will have strong communication skills be an agile leader and have extensive experience in traffic/transport planning practices.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply:
Wollongong City Council uses a merit based recruitment process. It is essential to respond to each of the selection criteria, writing at least one to two paragraphs using specific and actual examples of how you have demonstrated the particular skill, qualification or experience. Provide relevant examples from your work, study or community roles. Be clear and to the point. Please use actual examples of what you have done, how well you did it, what you achieved, and how it relates to the requirements of the job. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. Your CV alone will not be enough information for your application to be assessed. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
A copy of the Selection Criteria Template can be found HERE
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Completed a degree in Engineering, Planning or another industry recognised degree relevant to the position
- Extensive experience in traffic engineering or transport planning
- Extensive experience in developing strategies that drive the creation of connected communities and active places.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, motivate and influence employees and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change and improvement.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and review business plan objectives and the delivery multiple projects.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Completed post graduate qualifications in Traffic Engineering, Transport Planning and/or Management.
For further information regarding this position contact Isabelle Ghetti, Transport and Stormwater Services Manager (Acting) on (02) 4227 7477.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 12 midday Monday 24 May 2021.
Please note that this role is internally titled as Traffic + Transport Unit Leader.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which includes Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.