Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
General Assistant Grounds and Maintenance Tourist Park
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $59,140 up to $69,664 per annum plus superannuation
(depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 21129
Are you an experienced, hands on General Assistant looking for a new challenge? Not afraid to take on a wide range of duties and is customer centric. Then this is the opportunity for you!
About the Position:
We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual to assist with the general running of the Tourist Park. Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in communicating with park patrons, combined with cleaning and maintenance experience in a commercial environment is essential.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A wide range of practical skills with a demonstrated ability to carry out gardening and grounds maintenance tasks
- A mature friendly and enthusiastic attitude with a strong customer focus.
- The ability to work autonomously or within a team environment.
- Experience in implementing a cleaning schedule for all park facilities/amenities which include public areas, amenity blocks, barbeques, camp kitchens, laundries, storage rooms and administration areas
- Experience with the preparation and cleaning of cabins, making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning living and outdoor areas and bathrooms.
- The successful applicant must be willing to work flexible hours (including weekends) as this is a 7-day rotating roster position. You must also be flexible in working at other Tourist Parks as required..
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Wollongong City Council uses a merit based recruitment process. It is essential to respond to each of the selection criteria, writing at least one to two paragraphs using specific and actual examples of how you have demonstrated the particular skill, qualification or experience. Provide relevant examples from your work, study or community roles. Be clear and to the point. Please use actual examples of what you have done, how well you did it, what you achieved, and how it relates to the requirements of the job. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. Your CV alone will not be enough information for your application to be assessed. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
A copy of our Selection Criteria Template can be found HERE
- Proven experience in commercial cleaning of public areas and amenities to a high standard
- Demonstrated ability in scheduling and undertaking grounds maintenance tasks in public areas with a diverse range of experience with plant, materials, tools and equipment in a public area
- Ability to organise and implement cleaning and grounds maintenance schedules
- A strong understanding of safety issues relating to grounds and gardens, as well as the use of maintenance equipment, including chemicals.
- The ability to work with limited supervision in a collaborative way in a small team environment
- Possess a Class “C” Drivers Licence
For further information regarding this position contact Dalibor Jurisic, Operations Manager, Tourist Park on (02) 4227 7282
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11:59 pm on Monday 25 October 2021.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders e.g. potentially online interviews.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.